The Service Selection Board (SSB) Interview aims at testing the mindset and mental competence of the candidate. The interview not only judges the academic skills of the candidate but also checks his social characteristics and knowledge about current affairs. The Board examines qualities like logical reasoning, social traits, and leadership and judgment capabilities of the candidates. Read on to get some excellent Interview Tips that will surely help you get through the SSB Interview.
1. The IO (Interviewing Officer) at the SSB involves the candidate in a conversation to test his leadership qualities. You can surely achieve success in the interview if you have ample knowledge and can express well. Remember that you must possess good conversational skills to explain your point. Make sure that you are well aware of the leadership qualities and see as to how you can highlight them during the course of the interview.
2. While testing the leadership qualities, the board takes into account a candidates in-depth knowledge regarding a subject of his interest. It also sees how much information a candidate possesses about different subjects.
3. Practical knowledge is of superior importance as the SSB tests whether a candidate has been successfully able to translate his theoretical knowledge into practical situations or not. Therefore, if you have good practical experience, you will surely have an edge over the other candidates.
4. The interview also aims at testing the general knowledge of the candidates. The questions can be asked from any topic ranging from current issues to sports and Science etc. So you should read lot of magazines, newspapers and periodicals to keep yourself updated about the latest issues.
5. The board tries to judge the understanding capabilities of the candidates. It sees as to how much time a candidate takes to understand a particular question or subject.
6. Another very important point is the speech. You should be very fluent in your speech and only then can you express well. Your sentences should be clear without any stammering or pauses. Make your conversation interesting and try not to speak too fast. You should explain your point in a step-wise manner and your argument should have a logical reason behind it. Have a practical approach and try to convince the Interview Board regarding the point that you are trying to prove.
7. Last but not the least, remember that you should have a pleasing personality and a smile on your face. Be alert so that you do not miss any important part of your conversation with the Interview Board. Show your interest in whatever is being spoken. Dress smartly for the interview and have a confident body language. Be on time.
Gyantonic is one of the leading website which is giving huge knowledge
about MBA Entrance Exams, Entrance Exams,
Top Management Colleges,
Interview Tips, Career Discussion, Career Guidance, GMAT Guidance.