Interview is the most important step of a job recruitment process. It is usually the very last step of a recruitment procedure. When you clear the initial rounds of the process, you are called for the personal interview round. It is common to be afraid of the interviews as your job selection depends a lot on your performance in the interview. In the personal interview, employers try to analyze the knowledge, common sense, dressing sense, communication skills and the overall personality of the candidate. In this article, we will discuss the things to improve the chance of success in a job interview.
• Interview dressing: Your dressing plays a big role in the interview. How you dress impacts a lot on your interviewer. One must strictly follow a formal dressing for the interview. It can include a simple shirt with coordinated pant along with a belt and a tie. Also, one must wear formal black shoes. Read more interview dressing tips here: http://educationonlineguide.edublogs.org/2013/11/16/how-to-dress-for-a-job-interview/
• Behavior: Your behavior tells a lot about your personality and your attitude. How you enter the room, how you sit, how you greet the interviewers, how you leave, and everything else is noticed by the interviewers. Try to avoid your bad part in the job interview. Even if you do not agree with the interviewer on a certain point, do not oppose. Instead, just put your point and move on.
• Practice: Practice with your friends or with a mirror. It will increase your confidence. Try to practice some very common interview questions, but do not fix on them. You may need to change your answer according to the interviewer’s question, so do not stick to an answer. Read online interview questions need to be answered.
• Knowledge and Communication: Your knowledge can also be checked in the job interview. If you are going directly for the interview without any previous rounds, you will be asked questions about your qualifications and experience, so you better stay prepared for that. Also, work on your communication skills to avoid any kind of miscommunication during the interview.
• Company Profile: You should be aware of the company profile, stats, current market condition, news, etc. Interviewer can ask these questions to check your awareness and interest in the company. You can find all the company details from their official website or from Google. You can talk to a current employee if you know any.
• Return Questions: Once the interviewer is done from his/her side, he may offer you to ask your questions. You must have at least one or two questions prepared. You can ask about their particular project or about their company (that you do not already know) or about something discussed during the interview or anything else concerned.
Apart from the above things, you must keep the confidence and must be aware about yourself including your hobbies, interest, life goal, objective, etc.